School :(

At the beginning of last semester, I have notice a change in myself. My will to go to school has be significant low. Actually my will to do anything has becoming lower compare to before.

I do blame this on last summer when I had almost 6 month of free times on my hand. And that was because i failed to find a summer job. In that 6 month, I have done nothing besides going to YMCA, hang out with friends, and that's pretty much it. It was fun when that happened because at that time there was no care for anything else, its like back when you were kids. Everyday just have fun, even at school.

Also I have been more and more procrastinating ever since high school. Well, I do procrastinating in high school as well. But now its more I would think. For assignments I usually leave them to the night before its due to finish it. Sometimes working for the entire night too. I do the same thing for projects too, I know its with other people and all, but I am usually the one to put it together, so doesn't change a thing for me. Now that I think about it, I only study at the night before an exam, or even worst at the morning before the exam. This is a habit that I have adopted since coming to school at George Brown. My first program (Hotel Management), the courses were extremely easy compare to what ACCI gives out. A funny thing I still remember from my first year was the math class that I had. In high school, I find math to be a bitch and hated it, but math related course were my strongest when I am in George Brown. O yeah the funny thing, the text book the math class were print outs, total about 100 pages. When I got it I started to flip through it. It was very easy. Every week in that math class, while the prof were teaching the chapters and while other were listening, I would be completing the exercise in the so call text book. I think I finished the entire text book in less then 3 day worth of class time.

Back in ACCI, I was an average student getting 70s. While in George Brown I am the top student getting 80s and 90s. With that, I have come to a conclusion that I don't have to tried very hard to get a decent grade. And with that in mind, that is probably the reason for becoming even more procrastinating. Also most of the so call assignment I can probably finish in a day or two.

After that first program, I continued onto a degree program. The courses in the program are a bit harder then the previous one, prof marks a a bit harder. But I am still in cruising mode, and still getting by pretty good. Now in my last semester, I just plan to get through it and be done with it. 
Posted on 10:02 AM by Jay Xu and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Post a Comment