Long Time no Blog - Badminton



Hehehehe, almost forgot that I have this blog. It has been two years that I haven't posted anything new. But lately, for some odd reason I wanted to start again. Maybe it was due to a talk at a dinner with friends about diaries and blog that we used to write. Or maybe its just to kill off some of the times that I have.

So much have change in these two years. Two things that remained the same are my friends, and my love for badminton. Well, for badminton it has increased dramatically. Some of my friends calls me a badminton freak XD. Love the name because badminton has become an important part of my life. Through these two years, I have researched and studied badminton videos including actual games and coaching videos. The new skills and techniques that I have attained has allow me to move onto a higher level in badminton. Looking back at the level two years ago, I started laughing at myself. I can take the old me with 10% of my current. The time in two years can change someone so much. Anyway, back to badminton. Speed, power, technique has increased 10 fold. These improvement didn't come easy though. Without a coach its really hard to improve. Looking back at the stages that I went through, I realized that every time after playing in a tournament, I will improve some.


I still remembering the first time I went to the badminton tournament at UTSC. There was both men's doubles and men's singles. I enter both. For doubles, I was team with the new friend call John. His level is pretty much the same as me during 2010. But as for the result, sigh...bad endings lol. Got knocked out in two straight matches. But from that tournament, I got the hang and the timing of jump smashing. I guess losing is can be a good thing. 

There were couple more tournaments, but those aren't worth mentioning. But from each tournament that I have been in, I have realize more of my weak points. With that in mind, I started researching badminton and practising more and also playing WAY more.

Another turning point was when I joined one of my friend in his training session with a badminton coach. I have seem that coach's training before, I thought they would be a piece of cake. But once I tried that night, it was tough. Just doing one kinda of drill was killing me. Within the first 15 minute, I was drenched in my own sweat. And one thing, never do badminton training right after eating, BAD BAD idea. Almost threw up after the training session. This was the turning point because from that training, I have learned the proper way of moving around the courts, Foot work. Started practising more, training my legs to be stronger and faster. The very next time that I played badminton, I can move around the courts with ease, being faster makes SO much difference in badminton. Before then, I was pretty good at reading the game and the flow of the shots already, but I would always react late and be late to the shots cause of improper foot work.


Right now its time to learn the advance skills like a back hand SMASH LOL. Anyway, its pretty late. More updates coming la. 
Posted on 2:29 AM by Jay Xu and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Post a Comment